Our aim is to provide a quality experience and to make learning archery fun!!
Training is delivered by experienced, fully trained Archery GB coaches with full DSB clearance. We aim for a ratio of one coach to two/three participants at any one time.
All equipment is provided and the information we ask for when you book is to equip you appropriately and safely for your shooting.
Archery is an inclusive sport and we will endeavour to accommodate any disability. This is why we ask you to state, when booking, any known disability that you think may need taking into consideration to help your participation in archery. We can then make appropriate provision.
It is an Archery GB requirement that any child 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at ALL times whilst they are at the field. Children aged between 16 and 17 years old may shoot unaccompanied only by prior arrangement with the club with written consent. If the adult is a course participant then that fulfils this obligation.
BOOKING A PLACE FOR CMO TRAINING
- Visit the CMO website, register and open your user account.
- You should get and automatic approval and be able to then book onto a course.
- Any problems please contact the webmaster Martin Walton firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to the course date on the event calendar or up and coming courses links on the right hand side of the training page
- Select the course you want to book and follow the booking and payment instructions
- To make a group or Family booking, click 'Add Guest' for each additional person
- Your booking will automatically be confirmed on receipt of payment
- We do not make tentative bookings due to the high demand for places.
- Refunds can only only be given up to 1 week before the start of an event.
- Refunds are not given for any individual sessions missed during a course. However, every attempt would be made to accomodate a participant on another course for the missed session.
- All places on our training events must be PRE BOOKED and PRE PAID. Anyone turning up on the day expecting to join a course will be politely refused.
- The website booking and paying system will close 24 hours before the event or earlier if the event if full.
Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing for easy movement but not too baggy. Wear good strong shoes/trainers. Be prepared for the odd shower – archery is an all-weather sport.
- Do not wear tops with drawstrings on the hood or neck.
- Any facial body piercing or jewelry must be removed prior to shooting.
- Do not wear open sandals.
Check with the weather forecast on the website to determine whether you need wear waterproofs and/or warm clothing for your training event. Please be aware that the field has an open, north facing aspect and tends be a few degrees cooler than when you leave home. In the event of paticulary adverse weather conditions that would render shooting unsafe (e.g. thunder and lightening) a session may be cancelled and a new date rearragned with the group.
Directions to the CMO field are on the events calender for the event.
FACILITIES AND DISABLED ACCESS
There is a pavilion with a ramp access and disabled toilet. You will need to bring your own packed lunch and drinks for the break. also, please bring your own outdoor chair. Participants are requested not to smoke on the shooting range. There are designated smoking areas which will be explained on the day.
Blue badge holders please drive past the parking by the tennis courts and go right up to the targets where a coach will direct you about parking.
Please read this information carefully and consult the FAQs. These should include all you need to know, but if you have individual queries not answered here then please email the Training Administrator on the link below